A New Thing!

I spent about 5 hours at the church yesterday between a meeting and cleaning out the ministry office. There are (or should I say were) books in that office about how life is changing and and how to deal with all the new changes happening in life. I checked the date and it was from the 1970s. Hmmm???? Hot off the press and a must read? Not exactly. Every "new" thing that book talked about is outdated. I threw out a lot of stuff as well as have a huge pile to donate to Goodwill.

You and I wouldn't think of using the "new" material I found today, as things have changed so much it isn't relevant. I wonder how many times God wants to do a new thing in our life and we are still hanging on to the old thing he once did. The "amazing work" that God did in our life at one time is great, but wasn't meant to be the only work God wants to do.

What amazing work does God want to do in your life? He wants to use you. What do you need to throw away to make room for the new work God wants to do?

Isaiah 43:19 See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected!!!

TODAY WE TALKED