Uncle Brad

On November 26, 2008, my Aunt found my Uncle "sleeping" on the couch....eternally. At this point, we still don't know his cause of death, but I have been processing over the last few weeks. We went down state early before Thanksgiving to be with my Mom and spent extended time there. He didn't want any type of service or fanfare, so the family didn't even get together.....besides, they are living in Florida for the winter.

I have been mulling over a few things in my mind. Here are some random thoughts I'm having....

- I don't like the idea of people milling around my body when I'm gone, but I think it's a healthy thing to do, as it helps people to get together, talk, process and grieve together.

- Life here on earth is short. We never know how long we have, so we need to be ready.

- Comfort and peace are difficult when the person is "not ready".

- Is my urgency to share the gospel when a crisis comes the same as when there isn't a crisis?

- Does love for Christ pour out of me through action?

- I have some good memories.

- This is what it means to be held....by Jesus, my only Comfort and Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected!!!

FLAME