Pullin' Weeds


I was outside pulling weeds in my garden and was reminded of the spiritual impact of "pullin' weeds". If the weeds are left to themselves in the garden, they will take over the beautiful flowers and vegetables that should be growing there. The garden was meant for beauty and producing fruit (or vegetables).

We may think that now that we are a Christian that we have our ticket to heaven and that is enough. IT'S NOT! We have to pull the weeds, the sin, to be what God created us to be. He desires that we grow, flourish and bear fruit, but sin left untreated, will take over our life and choke us out.



I can go out on any given day and pull at least ONE weed. Spiritually, I can go to prayer and seek my heart and almost always find at least ONE weed (sin, bad attitude, ect.) that needs to be removed.
How about you? When was that last time you opened your heart up and let God reveal improper motives, attitudes and sin? Does your heart break over the sin or have you become indifferent? Recently I had an issue in my life that kept coming up and I just didn't seem to be able to get over. It wasn't until my heart broke over the issue that I became victorious in that area.

God desires holiness in our lives. He longs for us to live victoriously over sin. I want that for my life, but that means daily de-weeding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected!!!

TODAY WE TALKED