Feelings

An amazing amount of time has passed since I posted last. I shared with you my trip to Cancun, Mexico and it seems life has been hectic and I haven't "felt" like writing much. There has been much going on with me personally and I just don't feel like I have had much to say at times. What possibly could I say that might make any type of difference? I don't wanna talk just to talk, so I have been pretty silent.

So, what do you do when you don't FEEL God. What happens when you are in the valley and not the mountaintop? I know that sometimes when we don't feel God it's because of things in our life that shouldn't be there, but at other times, it's just a time when God seems silent. That doesn't mean that God is farther away. It doesn't mean that He isn't still in control or care about what is going on in your life.

It's in these times when I don't FEEL God that I realize that this is where my faith comes in. As it is talked about in Hebrews 11:1, faith is believing in what I cannot see. I can't see tomorrow. I can't know God's grand plan, but I do know that He is faithful. I know I can stand on His promises and who He is....even though I may not feel it.

God is:
My Rock, My Deliverer, My Savior, My Friend.
Forgiving, Patient, Love, Mercy, Trustworthy, Forever.
Creator, Sustainer, Faithful, Gracious.
My Hope, My Redeemer, Eternal and Truth.

These are just a few that I cling to today. I am so thankful that I don't have to feel God for Him to be real. He's there. I just have to trust in faith. And that is what I do today.

Maybe you feel this way too? Trust God. Put your faith in the FACTS and the FEELINGS will follow. The fact is....God is amazing!!! You can rest in that.

Comments

Anonymous said…
it is good to see that you write that God is 'faithful'...i am sure that you know this by experience...something good to remember as you move towards letting go of this rope you are at the end of...He is faithful...and he'll catch you again...and again...
Anita said…
I've been praying for you...you know that. It's so good to read a new blog from you! God is faithful and will not leave us.

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected!!!

TODAY WE TALKED