My Last FLAME


I forgot to post before I left that I would be gone for a week of classes last week. Sorry about that. It was the last required FLAME that I have to go to, but I will most definitely be back for ReKindle, as the time spent there is so valuable to ministry.

It was an amazing week. I took Philosphy/Ethics and left there with one presiding thought.....KNOW WHAT YOU BELIEVE AND WHY....otherwise you will make decisions based on the situation rather than what is truely Biblical. It seemed that every question we faced brought up another opposing, sometimes just as good as the last. Frustrating, yes, but helping us own our faith. For those of you who know me...this kind of stuff makes me nuts, but I recognize the value in it, so I persevere through it!

And then I was off to Spiritual Formation. It might better be called Revival 101. What an amazing time with the Lord. We were able to take some "time outs" to search our hearts and pray. When we were together in prayer, God's presence was so strong, it was hard to move on. We just prayed and sang and prayed and sang. We serve an amazing God. We saw healing, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. It was a precious time with my brothers and sisters in the Lord.

I came home and Pastor Roger preached on Praying for Revival. It was so fitting for where I had just come from. It was based on the Facing the Giants movie where the man prayed over the lockers every day....and then God moved. I want my life to be one of prayer. I want to be so in love with my Savior that I can't help but pray.

It has been an incredible time with friends this past week. I love the relationships that are built at FLAME. It is sometimes hard to leave, but how amazing that we serve together in different parts of the world and the common ground we share is the good news of Jesus Christ. God is good.

Comments

Anita said…
Those times of spiritual renewal are priceless. Glad you got to go. Brian must be a very good husband!
Dale Argot said…
Congratulations on finishing the course. I'm looking forward to going to NC in just two weeks to lead worship and serve. Keep holding the torch high as Wayne would say.

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected!!!

FLAME