Facing the Giants


Have you seen the movie "Facing the Giants"? I am becoming very familiar with it, as Pastor Roger and I are doing a sermon series based on the movie. I will be preaching two of the sermons in the series. The two sermons I will be preaching are titled "Never Give Up!" and "Complete Surrender", and boy oh boy, I feel like I am being tested in these areas!!!
My husband is trying to sell a big CNC Router. Yesterday a crew flew in from New Jersey to look at it and test it out. They were here all day and it looked as if tey were going to buy it. (This machine cost more than my first house and we really need to sell it) As they were finalizing things, they tried one last cut with the machine. Long story short, the machine ran out of fuel, which caused the air compressor to quit, which caused a malfunction in te air hydrolics and the whole head of te machine came crashing down, causing about $15,000. worth of damage. UGH!!!!!
In the Facing the Giants movie, if you saw it, you will remember that the couple was trying to get pregnant and kept coming back that they weren't. The wife leaves the doctor's office after once again hearing the bad news that she was not pregnant and she says "God I will still praise you! I will still love you!" All day yesterday that theme kept running through my head. I was just praying that the machine would sell, but that if it didn't, I would still praise and love Him. Not only did those clients walk out the door without buying it, but now, when we desperately need this machine to sell, we need to dump MORE money into it to get it sold. Immediately I was reminded of my promise....."I will still praise you and I will still love you, Lord" Even though I don't know how things are going to work out, I trust in t One who sees tomorrow.
Why does this have to happen? I don't know. But, I am keeping my heart open to the lessons I can take away from here. It looks impossible in my eyes and my heart hurts, not knowing how things will work out, but I have complete faith in a God who completely loves me and if He's all I got, then that is enough! I am reminded of the old hymn "The Solid Rock".

My hope is built on nothing lessThan Jesus’ blood and righteousness.I dare not trust the sweetest frame,But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name. On Christ the solid Rock I stand,All other ground is sinking sand;All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness seems to hide His face,I rest on His unchanging grace.In every high and stormy gale,My anchor holds within the veil. On Christ the solid Rock I stand,All other ground is sinking sand; All other ground is sinking sand.

His oath, His covenant, His blood,Support me in the whelming flood.When all around my soul gives way,He then is all my Hope and Stay. On Christ the solid Rock I stand, All other ground is sinking sand; All other ground is sinking sand.

When He shall come with trumpet sound,Oh may I then in Him be found.Dressed in His righteousness alone,Faultless to stand before the throne. On Christ the solid Rock I stand, All other ground is sinking sand; all other ground is sinking sand.

Comments

Dale Argot said…
Ah, yes. The days that make you want to go why me. And yet I love the line, "When we win we praise Him and when we lose we praise Him." Both times I have shown clips from this movie to our students, it has been so quiet you could hear a pin drop. There are lots of great life lessons in that movie. Thanks for sharing from your heart. It was like that for me tonight at our board meeting. I simply shared from my heart what I feel God wants us to do at Preston. Thanks for the comment on my blog.
Anita said…
Thanks, Joy, for the great lesson in praising Him both when we're up and when we're down. I'm praying for you guys.
Anonymous said…
Hi there,

My name is Monique & I'm part of the PR team for Sherwood Pictures--creators of FACING THE GIANTS.
Thank you so much for supporting the movie on your blog! We wanted to keep you informed of their latest project--FIREPROOF.
It's due to hit theaters this September in theaters nationwide. You can go to www.fireproofthemovie.com to view the trailer, read the synopsis, and sign up for updates to stay up to date with all of the FIREPROOF happenings! If you're interested in learning more or need any resource, pictures, and downloads for your blog please email me at monique@lovell-fairchild.com and I will be happy to get you what you need.

Again, thanks for blogging!
Monique
Lovell-Fairchild Communications

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected!!!

TODAY WE TALKED