The Presence of God

Isaiah 40:29-31 says "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Psalm 16:11 says "You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."

2 Corinthians 4:8-9 says "We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body."

I am so thankful that my emotions are not truth. Only God's Word is truth and doesn't change. When I am weary, God has all the strength I need to make it. When I am confused, God has the map and is there to guide me. When I feel down, God offers me joy in His presence....this world has nothing for me, so why do I look in the world for something it can't offer? When I feel persecuted and abandoned or struck down, God is there to pick me up and love on me in a way that only He can.

How many times do I let my emotions rule instead of the truth of God's Word? Jesus loves me this I KNOW, for the Bible tells me so! I need to "forget what is behind and strain toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:14) When I keep my eyes on the goal, the petty stuff of my emotions seems to fade away and doesn't seem so important anymore.

So where is your focus today? Have you set your eyes on the circumstances and let your emotions rule you, or have you set your eyes on the goal and let God have control? He offers joy, peace, direction and victory! I want that in my life, don't you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected!!!

TODAY WE TALKED