Modern conveniences aren't always so convenient!

I have a new phone, and for the most part have been very happy with it, but there is one feature that frustrates me. There is a button on the side of the phone that turns the ringer on and off and it very easily gets bumped and changes the ringer when you don't want it to. Today, was one of those days.

During chuch today, I turned my phone on "SILENT" and threw it in my purse. Of course, the District Superintendent does his visit to the church every 18 months or so and today was that day. You can see this coming, can't you? Yep....he was finishing up his first point in the sermon when my phone rang that great salsa music. AHHHH!!!! He looked over at me and said "Joy, is that your phone?" Of course he knew, as I was the one scrambling to my purse with my face turning red. I said "yes, I'm very sorry!" He looked at the congregation and said "At one church I was at, we used to say 'If your phone goes off in service, that person buys pizza for lunch for everyone" So our whole congregation cheered and he continued with the sermon.

Note to self.....lock the keypad during church!

Comments

This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected!!!

FLAME