Waiting.

It is so hard to wait. We can get impatient. We can get down right mad at having to wait. We have gotten so used to instant gratification that I think we have lost the art of waiting. The "art of waiting"? What does that mean?

There was a time when people prayed until they saw God moved. There was a time when people pleaded with God and stayed all day, all night, whatever it took to see God move. There was a time when people fasted and gave up everything just to wait on God. There was a time.....when was the last time for you? Has there been a time? I am convicted in my own spirit by this.

So, what will I do about it? I find there are some things I have been praying about and I am waiting. Trying to be patient. Trying to be faithful. Trying to keep my face on the ground and not give up. Trying. Trying. Trying.....and yet....what are we supposed to do "in the waiting"? Here are some things God spoke to my heart about this morning:

- Fast and keep a spirit of continual prayer on my lips.
- Hold on to the truth that I know. Claim it. Live it.
- Stay close to the Savior. (worship music, prayer, Bible reading, memorize and meditate on God's Word)
- Keep joy in my heart, because my God is living and active.

So, I wait.....

Comments

Anita said…
Whoa! You hit the nail right on the head.

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected!!!

FLAME