Trading My Sorrows!

Have you ever had one of those days where you just feel kinda down? You might be a little overwhelmed by the busyness of life and giving everything over to God. I had a day like that today. I wanted to find an excuse to not go to small group and just veg out for the night, but I knew that wouldn't be healthy, so I went anyhow. It was good to be there and our opening activitity was to talk about one of our favorite hymns or worship songs. The song "Trading My Sorrows" came to mind. I have many favorites, but this song has been on my heart all night. Look at these words..........

I'm trading my sorrow
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

And we say yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord Amen

I'm pressed but not crushed
persecuted not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed
I'm blessed beyond the curse
for his promise will endure
And his joy's gonna be my strength
Though the sorrow may last for the night
His joy comes with the morning


If God's joy comes to me when I am crushed, persecuted and abandoned, then his joy is there for me when I just don't "feel" happy too. I praise God that his joy is always available and it isn't dependent on my feelings. Today, I trust in the promises of the One who never fails me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected!!!

FLAME